Listen while you read.

Sunday, May 23, 2010

First Sunburn

Today was almost perfect - minus the wind. I am not a fan of it, but everything else, perfect. It began with waking up with my most amazing husband. For some reason, I am not able to enjoy him when I work full-time like I do when I am off, and even though I haven't had an official weekday off, the stress is gone. And so, I am able to enjoy my family life, especially the gorgeous man I have been married to for 17 years. We had a cup of coffee together and just hung out for bit. Then, I went to Home Depot for my annual "Mother's Day" trip to get flowers with Tina. I know the special day was two weeks ago, but in Colorado it has been snowing, and to be safe, we were waiting until today. We picked up some beautiful annuals and planted them together. As the day warmed up, our family decided to go to Villa, a summer weekend routine, and enjoy the outdoor pools: there is an adult and kid pool. I swam laps, actually completed a workout, and then relaxed on a lounge chair next to Marc. (He had already been indulging in the sun with a book.) After my doctor's appointment this week, I have been struggling with groin pain again, so I wasn't sure how the swim would go...but it was okay - pain came a few hours later. However, the short time on the lounge chairs led to our first sunburn of this season. I won't complain. I can't say it enough, "I love this time of year!" I did stop by Wal-Mart on the way home to get some sunscreen though. I am ready for a week of catching up on a few things, and getting some rest. That's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment