Listen while you read.

Monday, May 31, 2010

The Perfect Day

I woke, on my own - no alarm, at 6:45am which meant I got plenty of sleep. I had a cup of coffee and some oatmeal and headed out the door for my ride on the AFA. What a gorgeous day! It was about 50 degrees when we started and 65 by the time we finished, an hour and half later. We rode 25 miles of hills, and I completely enjoyed the downhills this time. (The last time we had a headwind so bad, we never built speed downhill. The ride before that I was still getting accustomed to downhill this season, so I was resistant to "trust" my bike and myself.) Suzy was great and riding in a group of three proved to be an adventure: lots of drafting and pushing each other all at alternating times. I am finally improving on the bike this year and it felt great. I came home to find my little angels, those of you who are confused that would be Halee and Christian, figuring out their plans for the day. In the end, their plans ended up being with Marc and I watching a movie and then going to Villa to hang out at the pool. I love it when they decide that hanging out with us might be okay, and then it is a blast. On the way home we stopped for a shake at Culvers. It was perfect. If I've said it before, I'll say it again, "I love this time of year!" 80 degree days, bike rides with friends, lounging at the pool, and being with my family - nothing could be better!

One thing I almost forgot. Marc had to work this morning and when he got home, the girls and I were laughing so hard in the kitchen. He said, "Is this what it's like all the time?" I waited for my girls to be out of school so I could hang out with them. It has been well worth the wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment