Listen while you read.

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Back Into the Swing of Things

My days are looking more normal than ever. I can step in and out of the shower, over the edge of the bath. I can put my shoes on, if I'm careful. Jeans are getting more comfortable. Laundry is getting done, and I can even stand for a bit to iron. I washed the car, all by myself, today. Marc wouldn't have probably let me do that if he was home. He was off mountain biking. I snuck it in. I even vacuumed a little bit, carefully.

My nights are a bit achy, and I hope that I can sleep without pain soon. I try really hard to sleep how I use to: left leg propped up on a pillow, while I lay on my right side. I still can't sleep on that side, and even rolling over is still sensitive. I naturally avoid it because I know it doesn't feel great when I do. My arms go numb, because I lay in the same position all night-on them, where I use to flip flop around after I fell asleep.

PT Update: I am still able to spin for forty minutes. I am not allowed to stand up on the bike until I am not limping anymore. I lifted on my upper body yesterday. I can do mini-squats, bridges, tons of balance board things, and more. I swam last week and it was "okay" but hard since I can't use my legs still (buoy between them).

I still impinge and notice it more after an active day and when I do too much, I am definitely sore. But I am 5 weeks post-op and finally feel like I am getting back into the swing of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment