Listen while you read.

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Scary Good

Along this journey I have noticed that there are what I call, "Huge steps forward and little steps back!" On the days that I feel like I am going backwards, I get a little discouraged and maybe even more like scared. On the days that I am progressing, I feel like it is too good to be true. TODAY! I had a big set back last week with pain. I hurt every which way I positioned myself. I had an excruciating pinch (maybe cramp) at PT on Friday. I thought I was never going to bounce out of that rut. I did spin like I was told: got off when I was tired, carried out my exercises diligently, pool walked daily for 5 days in a row, and tried to rest when I was tired. I think it has paid off. I no longer feel that sharp pain I had last week, and I am amazed at how easy it is to get around on one crutch now. Everyone and anyone that has been around me the last four months can't believe the difference between two crutches and one. Huge difference. I can actually keep up. It is nice to have, because I don't feel like I have to worry about supporting it completely, but I also think I am just about ready to be walking without it. Mentally I was ready 3 months ago, but now, physically. I have PT in about two hours, so we'll have to wait and see.

Today, I am just hanging around with Christian-takin' it easy. Halee left for high school this morning and looked cuter than ever. Christian goes back to school tomorrow, 7th grade-same school as last year. And I return on Thursday! I have enjoyed my summer: vacation, the pool with my family and friends, cycling and swimming early on, the girls growing up a little in a good way, and time with Marc...wherever it was!

1 comment:

  1. Update: Still on my crutch! It's okay, I hope for Friday now. :)

    ReplyDelete