Listen while you read.

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Doing Too Much

As much as I want to say that I am being perfectly good, I am not. I am staying on the crutches as much as possible which means about 98% of the day. However, I cooked with Scheri yesterday: we successfully made 6 meals for each of us, and then I worked in my classroom today. I would like to say I have one more full day in my classroom, but I know that I have a whole day of getting things put back to normal after my room is cleaned tomorrow, and then another full day finishing up my "interactive" bulletin boards.

Speaking of these bulletin boards...I have been brainstorming these for weeks, but finally started researching how I was going to do them. I have so many great ideas. Instead of my bulletins boards having great posters, I am going to have them availble for the students to manipulate. Let me give you an example. I now a huge bulletin board that is completely devoted to math. On that math board, there will be review problems for the students, but the students will be able to pull the pieces off to look at them and work it. The money will come off, so if the students need to arrange it in a way that makes sense for them, they can. I will have a reading bulletin board that will highlight a new concept every two to three weeks. (It's a smaller board.) I decided to start with story elements. I will have white boards on it, so the students will have to fill it out for a book, in groups or pairs. I will have to be creative, but I want to use as much of the room for learning as possible. I had to paint a half wall, because my writing is and has always been an interactive process, and I will keep that going after the paint dries. Needless to say, I am very excited and will post pictures as soon as I am done. My thoughts are that I will work on the pieces of these boards while I'm recovering from surgery: type it up, put it on a jump drive, print it at school when I go back, and laminate for the beginning of the year.

But cooking and then, painting has gotten to my me a bit. Not sure that I have mentioned yet, but my deep butt pain went away last week, and my pain was feeling like a cut in the groin. I thought this was a good sign, more like the tear possibly. Today, my butt pain is back, so I need to lay around again tomorrow and be sure and rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment