Listen while you read.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

STRESS FRACTURE - CHECK

I can check my stress fracture off my list, it is officially healed according to my MRI that I had yesterday morning. I actually received the call from my doctor at 6:50pm last night. For some reason, I didn't have my phone around me and he left a message. I didn't think he would call the same day I had the test and I sure didn't think he would call at 6:50 in the evening. I was disappointed that I didn't get to talk to him, but that faded quickly when I heard the message and he said we could proceed with surgery. I wanted to scream at the top of my lungs! He asked me to call the office and let them know a good time for him to reach me...so I will be on that first thing this morning. My big, huge, gigantic question right now is, "Can I forget about these crutches for the next 16 days?" Anyone reading this blog that is on or has been on crutches knows why this is priority. I would love to vacuum my house or weed my yard. Scheri's first question was, "Does this mean you can jog?" She did use the word jog to make it more reasonable, but I have a feeling he will tell me to not introduce any new activities. Most runners that recover from stress fractures, who aren't getting ready for surgery in a couple of weeks, have to start back slow-one mile at a time. I can hear his frustration with my question now, "You want to run? Are you thinking of trying a marathon in the next two weeks?" This would all be completely sarcastic of course, and then he would say very seriously, "How serious are you going to take your recovery?" I guess I will wait to see what information he offers up to me as far as what I can and can't do, before I start asking too many questions. It is only two weeks, and being off crutches will be the best thing ever...if that's all that changes!

No comments:

Post a Comment