Listen while you read.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Let's Get Physical

I have my list of all of the things I have to get done. So many calls have been coming in from the hospital for preregistration to my physical therapist for setting up my first appointment, which will be on the Tuesday after surgery. Well, I woke up Saturday morning and realized that I hadn't scheduled my presurgery physical which has to be done 7-14 days ahead of time. I thought I was doing such a great job getting everything in order. So this morning I am headed off to get my physical. Something that I think is a little peculiar, I don't have any lab work that has to be done. I'm not sure if I should call Dr. White's office just to be sure, but it just says a physical.

Yesterday I spent the whole day cleaning and organizing. I know, I know, it seems like that's all I do lately. It is all done. I finished the girls' bathroom and Marc did cords and an old sound system in the basement that hadn't been working. He is so good about purging too! I didn't know what worked and didn't work, so I asked him if he would go down after dinner and clean it up. Gladly. I think because Chewy, his dog, (Tuff is mine, Chewy his, but they are both of ours as well!) had surgery yesterday and I did all the running around for him. He had a tumor on the back of his leg that we didn't think was any big deal. Apparently it was a pretty big deal, 15 staples later. The vet is our friend, so Marc had stopped by earlier in the day to see him, and Marc casually said, "Well, it's not like he has cancer." They shrugged. The vet was concerned and sent it to be biopsied. Chewy is on pain meds for 7 days and confined to a small room as well. After that he can go outside if monitored closely. Anyone that knows Chewy, knows this will be torture on him...and our family. He is very active and loves to run and play - A LOT! Come next Thursday, doctor's orders for Chewy will be going out the window. Tuff had his skin biopsied in January...Tuff is a white boxer and has allergies. He is on allergy medicine, special shampoo, and antibiotic perpetually, so I went ahead and picked up mroe of his mediciation as well. After the day was all said and done, we spent $500 on our dogs, AND THIS WAS THE FRIEND RATE! Believe me, I saw a quote sheet for Chewy's procedure alone yesterday, and it was $500. The meds and biopsies are something he can discount, but he still has to pay for it, so he helps us as best as he can. I don't know what we'd do without him! Well, I'm headed out for the day. First, doctor's appointment. Then, cooking with Scheri to freeze some meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment